Resize font

A A+

Our history

"Eckling Grange was officially open in May 1963 as a retirement home for Missionaries and full time Christian Workers"

Banner Shadow 1963 Staff photo with the superintendent Mr Edwin Softley seated in the centre

Eckling Grange was officially open in May 1963 as a retirement home for Missionaries and full time Christian Workers.

The home was the vision of the founder Mr David Potter. Mr Potter was inspired to open Eckling Grange after he had witnessed the heartbreaking splitting of a couple Mr and Mrs Griffiths when Mrs Griffiths required a small amount of nursing care twice a day.

The Griffith's had faithfully served as missionaries for 53 years and it was their parting which lead to the establishing of Eckling Grange.

Eckling Grange began a journey which is still centred on our Father God and Christian Fellowship together.

The Grange is administered by a Christian Trust and whilst the original aims have not altered, the complex is open to everyone.

A Vision Fulfilled

"A Vision Fulfilled" is a book which has been written by Mrs Bertha Potter, the wife of the founder Mr David Potter.

Mr Potter founded three Care Homes in the Dereham area, of which Eckling Grange is one. The book gives an outline of the early days of the homes in the 1950's and 60's and how they came in to being. In the forward, written by Mr Potters three daughters, they say ' It was through his skills as a builder that their father was able to take three overgrown dilapidated old houses and turn them into beautiful homes for retired Missionaries and Christian Workers.

If you would like a copy of "A Vision Fulfilled" please contact the Eckling Grange office.

Banner Shadow